Peanuts are by far one of the most popular nuts around the world. They are extremely versatile and widespread, perhaps more so than any other nut. Peanuts are packed full of nutrition and should be enjoyed as part of a well-balanced diet.
Think outside the box when it comes to stocking up and enjoying peanuts. Their culinary uses are endless! Think creamy pasta sauces, homemade nut butters or even grind down in a high speed blender to make your own peanut flour to bake healthy keto-friendly snacks both sweet and savoury.
Ways to enjoy peanuts in your diet
There are countless ways to enjoy peanuts. Whether you have a high protein diet or just enjoy healthy foods here are a few ways you can introduce peanuts into your diet:
- Enjoy straight out of the bag
- Team with your favourite dried fruits and seeds for a healthy trail mix
- Grind down to make a peanut flour that can be used in both sweet and savoury baking
- Use a high powered blender to make peanut butter
- Make peanut brittle for an indulgent sweet treat
- Add to healthy granola recipes and enjoy with coconut yoghurt and fresh blueberries
- Bake healthy breakfast muffins
- Add to brownies for a protein packed crunch
Benefits of peanuts
There are a number of benefits for peanuts, they are nutrient rich and contain a good amount of potassium, vitamins and monounsaturated fats.
- High in protein
- Contains healthy fats
- Good source of fibre
- Low in carbs
- Packed full of vitamins and minerals
- Nutrient rich nuts
- Great for an active lifestyle
- Enjoy as part of a balanced lifestyle